Today my morning class made bread with the Intern. After, she wanted them to draw a picture of making bread. She reminded them to put their name on the picture. I told some of the children that they should try writing their last names too. One little boy, who had already written his first name, had his hand up, so I sat down beside him,
Him - "I don't know how to write my last name."
Me - "That's ok. I can help you."
Him - "Ok (big smile). How do you spell Batman."
Me - "I don't think Batman is your last name."
Him - (another big smile) "It's James. How do you spell James?"
We spelt James and I told him how lucky he was to have such a great name. Then he said,
Him - "No, that's the middle name." While motioning his hand in a horizontal line.
Me - "Oh, ok. Do you know your last name?" (He nods) "What is it?"
Him - "How do you spell Batman?"
We have been talking in class about calling the Teachers Miss., Mrs. or Mr. depending on if they are a man or a woman. We have also talking to the class about what first, middle and last names mean. I went over this with the student. The student is very cute and always has a smile on his face. I asked him again,
Me - "My last name is M.... What is your last name?"
Him - "How do you spell Batman?"
We went with Batman.
:)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment